Work Location: Remote – Acton MA (must be able to commute to the office periodically following training and probationary period)
Visa Sponsorships: No, we are not able to sponsor work visas for this position opening
Position Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will lead Hagar’s Sisters’ efforts to obtain the financial support critical to sustaining, enlarging, and enhancing its work – with an emphasis on faith in the Christian tradition. Will require periodic evening and weekend meetings and events. A diverse workforce is a strong workforce. Professionals of color encouraged to apply.
About Hagar’s Sisters: Our mission is to cultivate the emotional and spiritual healing of women impacted by intimate partner abuse, empowering them through care planning, education, and compassionate community. But enough about us – is this YOU?
Key responsibilities: The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing our fundraising strategies in collaboration with the Executive Director, with an emphasis on major gifts cultivation.
- Apply your development expertise to build fundraising infrastructure including metrics
- Develop and implement our fund-raising strategy
- Design annual fund-raising plan to meet short- and long-term goals in alignment with HS’s operating plan
- Broaden, deepen, and diversify HS’s base of major donors and philanthropic profile in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications on messaging and timing of fundraising activities
- Introduce and encourage development best practices and educate the staff and the Board
- Manage the grant application and donor annual report processes
- Collaborate with Accounting Manager to create grant budgets
- Manage data creation, management, and ongoing fund-raising administration
- Oversee the solicitation and acknowledgment process, creation and maintenance of records and database of funder information, history, and relationships
- Plan and implement fundraising events
- Ensure alignment across fund-raising activities, programs, and operations.
- Proven track record of success with major donor development and grant awards
- Ability to create effective annual fund development plans
- Ready ability to relate to people from diverse cultures
- Self-motivation and ability to manage diverse activities and meet multiple deadlines
- A passion for and commitment to alleviating domestic abuse
We offer Medical and a 401(k). We will be adding benefits as the organization scales.
To apply, please send letter of interest and your resume to careers@HagarsSisters.org
Learn About Our Services
Be Inspired, Learn, Take a Stand